Subscribe: iTunes — Stitcher — TuneIn Radio — Google Play — RSS
Our series continues of SBC presidential candidate interviews with Steve Gaines and discuss the record-breaking enrollment at Midwestern Seminary and the new Dean of Theology at Southwestern.
- MBTS: Midwestern Seminary trustees rejoice in gift to school, record enrollment, and faculty elections, promotions — http://bit.ly/1NbEm7F
- SWBTS: Trustees approve ‘text-driven’ MDiv, elect new dean — http://bit.ly/1NbEnZ6
- SBC: Women’s roles in SBC focus of advisory council — http://bit.ly/1NbEnbC
- Louisiana: Burl Cain, former Angola warden, exonerated — http://bit.ly/1NbEVOL
- Missouri: Darrin Patrick removed as pastor of The Journey — http://bit.ly/1NbEtA3
- Louisiana: Louisiana College, former president part ways — http://bit.ly/1qKjla0
- ERLC: Payday loan limits urged by religious coalition — http://bit.ly/1qKjWZo
- LifeWay Research: Christians call ‘payday loans’ sinful — http://bit.ly/1qKjZo1
An Interview with Steve Gaines (starts at 15:27)
Steve Gaines serves as the Senior Pastor at Bellevue Baptist Church, Memphis, TN. He has served in four churches as senior pastor over the past 30 years. He holds a Ph.D. in Preaching from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth, TX. Steve is married to Donna Gaines. They have four children: Grant, senior pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Jackson, TN; Lindsey, homemaker and wife of Ryan Wingo, worship pastor at Apex Baptist Church in Apex NC; Allison, homemaker and wife of Gentry Hill, senior pastor of FBC Poteau, OK and Bethany, a first grade teacher at a Memphis school and married to David Golding with Golding Mechanical Services of Memphis TN. Steve and Donna are both authors, and Steve recently published a musical worship CD and his latest books, Pray Like it Matters and Share Jesus Like it Matters. They have nine grandchildren.
Bellevue Baptist Church
- Increased from giving 1.3 percent of undesignated receipts through CP in 2011 to 2.6 percent in 2012, then increased that percentage to 3.5 in 2013 and 3.8 in 2014.
- The church’s Great Commission Giving totaled approximately $2.5 million over the past two years and is anticipated to be $1.3 million (6% of undesignated receipts).
- The church also reported a $150,000 gift to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering in both 2015 and 2016.
- Total missions giving for next year is anticipated at 18 percent of Bellevue’s undesignated receipts.