Subscribe: iTunes — Stitcher — TuneIn Radio — Google Play — RSS
A talk with Bob Smietana about his story from this week which seems to indicate that SBC churches (and others) might be unknowingly funding a cult based on the songs they choose to sing in worship on Sundays.
- Louisiana: Vintage Church Fights to Stay Open Amidst Neighbor Complaints and Criminal Summons — http://bit.ly/1UCiFwS
- South Carolina: SCBC Taps Reserves to Send $1M Gift to IMB — http://bit.ly/1UCiLoc
- Georgia: Georgia Baptist Missions Board Opposes Marijuana Cultivation Proposal — http://bit.ly/1UCiS38
- Kentucky: Nelson Baptist Association Removes Two Churches for Calling a Woman as Senior Pastor — http://bit.ly/1UCj5mZ
- LifeWay Research: No Place Like Church for the Holidays — http://bit.ly/1UCjxBv
An Interview with Bob Smietana
- Bob Smietana, senior news editor for Christianity Today, discusses his recent article — ‘I Am Called a Cult Leader. I Really Don’t Care.’ — http://bit.ly/1UCjBBh
This Week in SBC History
- R. G. Lee Announces Retirement as Pastor of Bellvue Baptist Church — http://bit.ly/1Mli10d
Resources of the Week
- Amy: Called to be Free
- Jonathan: IMB Missions Intensives – http://www.missionsintensive.com
Thank you so much Amy for drawing my attention to the documentary on the Worldwide Church of God. Seeing how God performed a miracle in bringing a heretical cult to belief in Biblical doctrine, not just individual members but the entire organization, gives me hope for those who lead or are followers of cult organizations today. How awesome our God is!