Dr. Mike Routt joins us to discuss new legislation in Colorado as well as the upcoming search for a new state convention executive director. Also, thinks get piggy late in the show during the history segment. Don’t miss that story.
- SBC: ’Call to Prayer’ begins 2017 for Southern Baptists — http://bit.ly/2hMhqla
- ERLC: SBC leaders defend religious liberty vs. gender laws — http://bit.ly/2hMaHaF
- LifeWay: Billy Graham statue finds new home at Ridgecrest — http://bit.ly/2hM6XpU
- Texas: Baptist church opens doors to LGBT community — http://bit.ly/2hMhxx6
- Northwest: ‘Joyful celebration’ at annual meeting — http://bit.ly/2hM9ccD
- Pennsylvania/South Jersey: Baptists honor retiring Interim Executive Director Stan Smith — http://bit.ly/2hM4zPQ
- Hawaii: Baptists receive Russian-speaking church — http://bit.ly/2hMf59A
- West Virginia: State convention pres. Ron McCoy dies – http://bit.ly/2hMbZCS
- SBC: 2017 Annual Meeting theme announced — http://bit.ly/2hMdjWd
About Dr. Mike Routt
- Dr. Mike Routt has been the pastor of Circle Drive Baptist Church since February 2002. He serves as a visionary leader, and is currently leading the church through a total campus relocation. In his ministry, he loves preaching, teaching, and coaching/mentoring “younger guys” in the ministry. The church family affectionately calls him “Dr. Mike” because of his earned doctorate from Southern Seminary in Louisville. Mike loves hiking in Colorado, whether it be on a trail with his wife or a 14,000+ ft. mountain with members of the 14er club from Circle (he has hiked 19 of them so far). He also enjoys “diving into” a good steak, occasionally munching on a bag of potato chips, and eating at any Chick-Fil-A. He is the husband of Kathy, the father of Rachel, Holly (Scott), and LeeAnn (Jack), and is incredibly blessed to be “papa” to Daniel and CJ (Caleb Jackson). Mike is also a HUGE fan of University of Kentucky basketball, and loves to read, especially books about leadership and history and biographies, and enjoys working out at a local gym.
This Week in SBC History
- Outreach and Pig Kissing