Cooperative Program giving is falling further behind budget as receipts came in even lower than October numbers. Also, Dr. Michael Wilkinson, Dean of the College at Southwestern, joins us as we conclude our series on SBC seminary colleges.
- SBC: National CP 4.13% under projection — http://bit.ly/2ggKj3C
- Virginia: BGAV focuses on ‘The New Way’ — http://bit.ly/2ggrnlD
- Arizona: Baptists focus on CP, Centennial Vision — http://bit.ly/2ggCH1e
- ERLC: Churches can serve foster children — http://bit.ly/2ggyb2z
- SBTS: Trump picks Pruitt for EPA — http://wapo.st/2ggxJRS
- MBTS: SBTC pledges $200,000 toward Midwestern’s student center — http://bit.ly/2ggyiev
- LifeWay Research: Most Americans Say Assisted Suicide is Morally Acceptable — http://bit.ly/2ggHsaY
About Dr. Michael Wilkinson
- Dr. Micahel Wilkinson serves as Dean of the College at Southwestern and Assistant Professor of Bible, where he teaches a little bit of everything, but mostly in the areas of theology and church history. Prior to coming to Southwestern to teach, Dr. Wilkinson invested 22 years serving on the staff of three great churches—Geyer Springs First Baptist in Little Rock, AR, Central Baptist in Bryan/College Station, TX, and First Baptist in Rockwall, TX. For seventeen of these years he served as a Single Adult Pastor, where he learned the meaning of Scripture’s sufficiency in ministering to some very challenging circumstances. For most of these years Dr. Wilkinson also doubled as a Missions Pastor. In addition, he has a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and loves baseball, keeping a glove in his office for anyone who needs to toss a ball around.
This Week in SBC History
- Bingo is the game-o