We’ve got a new study from LifeWay Research about Halloween and talk about our own plans and favorite candy as well as a big roundup of SBC news.
- LifeWay Research: Halloween is time for outreach, pastors say — http://bit.ly/2eSAvhu
- LifeWay: Retailer pulls Hatmaker books over LGBT views — http://bit.ly/2eSwWb8
- Religious Liberty: Bivocational minister refuses to turn over sermons — http://bit.ly/2eSs9GC
- In Memoriam:
- LifeWay: Virtual tour underway by LifeWay President Thom Rainer — http://bit.ly/2eSxfmx
- Alaska: Jimmy Stewart moves to rehab for 3rd-degree burns — http://bit.ly/2eSxfmx
- Montana: Barrett Duke begins in January as new state executive director — http://bit.ly/2eSwyJK
- Utah-Idaho: One-day meeting expands attendance — http://bit.ly/2eStttc
- Dakotas: Baptists partner in DR with Minn./Wisc., Iowa — http://bit.ly/2eSuQIo
- Florida: Baptist newspaper moving to monthly publication — http://bit.ly/2eSzpm5
- MBTS: Trustees affirm enrollment gain, student center — http://bit.ly/2eSBiis
Authors Daniel L. Akin and Bruce Riley Ashford are calling today’s church members to lives of going—whether going around the world or to people right where they live—going out with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Between the two of them, Akin and Ashford have trained thousands of men and women in both the mandates and methods for going to every nation. Now they have created a resource for individuals and churches to use together in calling even more to go. Find out more.
This Week in SBC History
- Broadman Press Makes Juicy Mistake