Subscribe: iTunes • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • RSS • Spotify
SBTS president R. Albert Mohler Jr. has been announced as a candidate for the presidency of the SBC. Amy and Jonathan also continue their state convention recaps and discuss a new diversity initiative at the EC.
- H.B. Charles Jr. to nominate Al Mohler as SBC President in 2020. http://bit.ly/2PDtoO8
- SBC Executive Committee announces staff retirements http://bit.ly/2pkUkYh
- SBC Executive Committee to create three new positions to serve more diverse churches http://bit.ly/2WwmHig
- Gateway enters 5-year partnership with Korean seminary http://bit.ly/34lANG2
- New England Baptists restructure for greater impact http://bit.ly/2pvS7Jv
- N.M. Baptists celebrate children’s home; Bunce to retire http://bit.ly/2pnuYsO
- California Baptists meet, decrease CP, urged to ‘step up’ http://bit.ly/34mXOIx
- Audit reveals missions offerings error http://bit.ly/2JEcUl5
This Week in SBC History
- Hultgren Follows Own Advice on Disturbances
Resources of the Week
- Amy: Recovered
- Jonathan: Unique deacon follows God’s call
To me it seems like any active President of an SBC agency should not be nominated for President of our convention because it is a direct conflict of interest. There are so many great pastors out there who are qualified to do this. I believe this will be divisive for our denomination at a critical time.
This is the most unheard of thing I have ever heard of! I do not understand why nominate someone in Nov?