More state convention recaps are on the docket this week. We also discuss the opening of the Museum of the Bible and some US presidential history relevant to Thanksgiving week.
- Virginia: Baptists decry racism in Charlottesville resolution — http://bit.ly/2hJWLvS
- Oklahoma: Anthony Jordan delivers final address as BGCO executive director — http://bit.ly/2hJX7Te
- Maryland-Delaware: Baptists raise CP budget 4.5% to SBC causes — http://bit.ly/2hJga03
- Illinois: Churches prepare for new ministry frontiers — http://bit.ly/2hJXcGq
- Minnesota-Wisconsin: Churches elevate CP giving from 22 to 32% — http://bit.ly/2hKUGzW
- Tennessee: Baptists adopt resolution against racism — http://bit.ly/2hIPeNV
- Washington D.C.: ‘Must-see’ Bible museum opens to public — http://bit.ly/2hJ1FJA
- NOBTS: Atonement sparks discussion at forum — http://bit.ly/2hJhQqc
- IMB: Platt welcomes 32 new missionaries — http://bit.ly/2hJi7JK
This week’s episode is sponsored by the Billy Graham School of Missions, Evangelism and Ministry at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Whether you are preparing to plant or revitalize churches in North America or to take the gospel to places where Christ is not yet known, the Billy Graham School is committed to training the next generation of Great Commission leaders. Learn more about the Billy Graham School’s M.Div., D.Min., or other degree programs today by visiting sbts.edu/BGS.
This Week in SBC History
- J.D. Tippit Dies at the Hands of Lee Harvey Oswald
Resources of the Week
- Amy: https://storycorps.org/participate/the-great-thanksgiving-listen/
- Jonathan: Jen Wilkin at Advance the Church