Subscribe: iTunes • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • RSS • Spotify
The first week of 2021 gave us some tumultuous events in the SBC and in the nation. Amy and Jonathan also take a look at a few stories that may have gotten missed over the Christmas holidays.
- Southern Baptist leaders condemn storming of U.S. Capitol – https://bit.ly/3s5Utdu
- Moore addresses ‘chaos’ in D.C., calls for leadership, healing – https://bit.ly/3hXSKlV
- NAAF leaders, seminary presidents hold ‘honest and open conversation’ – https://bit.ly/2XpJJZq
- Designated giving remains strong, CP giving takes step backward in December report – https://bit.ly/35jEDCg
- Fire guts Cowpens church sanctuary on Christmas weekend – https://bit.ly/2KK8Xir
- LifeWay finalizes Ridgecrest sale – https://bit.ly/2JxlG7q
- Southern Baptist leaders remember Fred Wolfe’s impact for the Gospel – https://bit.ly/39bVND3
- Judson College to open for spring 2021 – https://bit.ly/35jSDMb
- Western Recorder to cease monthly publication – https://bit.ly/3bgwbHQ
SBC This Week is sponsored by Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, where you can get the theological training and the hands-on experience you need to thrive in ministry. Wherever and however God is calling you to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission, SWBTS offers a degree path to equip you. Whether you are pursuing a bachelor, masters, or doctoral degree, Southwestern Seminary is here to walk alongside you as you live your calling. Learn more at swbts.edu/MDIVMBA.
This Week in SBC History
- 22-Year-Old Mission Check Found In Files
As a Christian who happens to be African-American I find it difficult to reconcile the SBC support of things that God hates: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies, and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers. All of these things has always existed in President Donald Trump yet the overwhelming majority of white evangelicals walked together in agreement with this evil, wicked man. The SBC has damaged its witness and testimony and has little if any creditability with lost souls and even those of us who are saved. Perhaps those in leadership will lead SBC churches in repentance of their support for Donald Trump.